Sunday 29 March 2020

Isolation day 5:

So, it's nearly a week since watching the news at 20:30 and having that horrible realisation of this prison like status we have all gained. I totally understand the rational and agree it should work.. But that doesn't mean it's an enjoyable experience, but it is a worthy one. 

Today me and my housemate went out once to Tesco to pick up a few bits as we really haven't ventured far over this last week.. And it was strange, avoiding people and the quietness of the city.. At odds to what I know and expect from around here. Tesco were now only letting in one person per household into the shop, and interestingly it was often men going in out of the couple.. I waited outside myself as I didn't need much and my housemate wanted more groceries and would pick up my items for me. 
It was an odd feeling standing around outside the front of Tesco behind the queuing barrier, away from any potential crowds.. The gentleman acting as a bouncer had very little trouble from anyone, infact there was only one man who was unhappy about rule.. Everyone what accepted things. 

Whilst I waited a policeman darted in and out the store with a member of the stores security to check on some stolen goods.

After this it was a sombre walk home, noting many middle aged and up, still out and about and not heeding the 2 meter rule.. although some did say thank you if we made way for them!





No comments:

Post a Comment