Monday 25 August 2014

My makeup bag...

I have been waiting for inspiration to strike me to create a beauty post, and to get the ball rolling I thought I would start with a simple 'whats in my beauty bag?'

I am very fickle with my beauty brands and dont tend to stay too loyal unless its something I really, really love!

so starting from the top left hand and continuing clockwise here is a small selection of my makeup:






1. the Stila colour adjusting blush- Honestly I expected so much from this and its not worth the hype for me, although it may be down to me choosing a terrible shade for my english rose complexion, as its a rediculous hot pink in the pan and its the same colour on my face its too bold and too bright and its clownish on me... gutted as i had heard so much good press... (i will try the coral before completely giving up on this range!).

2. A Louise Grey powder brush. (limited edition topshop).

3. Nail Emery boards.

4. Naked skin by Urban Decay, again Iam cursed by my pale skin...
I tried this in a debenhams with the help from a girl on the counter and she ended up packing me the darker shade (a 2 if your interested) when I needed a 1. As i unpacked and used it I couldnt take it back for a refund, so iuts now my fake tan foundation. although i have to say its incredably good (only bested by Lancome).

5. TopShop lipstick and lip cream in: 'Pillow talk' and Daze'. The lipstick in 'Pillow talk' is one i find you need to constantly reapply to not have the weird blotchy application you can sometimes get when lipsticks dry on your lips. The cream fares better and it lasts for 2/3 hours before needing a reaplication. Although i have taken to layering to two together as they are almost an exact match.

6. Coach Poppy perfume pen, this is a light fres, flowery smell that i really love and the pen is from a chirstmas coffre giftset.

7. Estee Lauder gel eyeliner. This is one of the FEW makeup items I will not buy from anyone else! There is nothing bad to say about it! Its a great prices at £15 and it last forever and its got a great deep pigment that doesnt smudge or drop even when worn on the lower eye. (Panda eyes are gone!). Seriously everone must buy this.

8. Gerlaine Maxi lash mascara... I am yet to actually open thsi to test it out so i will write a review on it in the up-coming weeks...

So have you experianced anything different with these products? Please comment below...




No comments:

Post a Comment